Evacuation, Sheltering & Decontamination
- "I Speak" … Language Identification Guide - The DHS Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties (CRCL) offers the “I Speak” guide and similar posters as practical ways to identify which language an individual speaks, to obtain necessary assistance.
- Guidance on Planning for Integration of Functional Needs Support Services in General Population Shelters, 2010 - Provides planning guidance that can be incorporated into existing shelter plans to State emergency managers and shelter planners to meet access and functional needs in general population shelters.
- Personal Preparedness for Indivduals with Disabilities: Sheltering in Place and Evacuation - Website resource with suggested guidelines and checklists for sheltering in place or evacuating and is dependent on one’s own personal health preparedness capabilities.
- ADA Checklist for Emergency Shelters - Website resource that provides technical assistance to individuals and entities that have rights or responsibilities under the ADA.
- Show Me: A Communications Tool for Emergency Shelters - Website resource from Mass.gov that provides tools designed to enhance communication between individuals with communication challenges and public health and emergency management personnel and volunteers during times of emergencies.